Use an image file of your signature to automatically appear on merge letters.
This article is designed to provide you with the instructions on how to automatically add a signature to merge letters. You will need to carefully consider the following:
- which merge letters you will automatically populate with signatures
- consider the security around having image files of Partner/Director signatures available in HowNow.
Ensure the user’s Signatory privilege setting is selected in File > Administration > Organisation > Employee > edit the user > Privileges
Signature File Required:
Add an image file to HowNow Knowledge with the file name of “Signature – XX”. XX = Initials of Signatory as per HowNow User Setup Initials field.
- The preferred image file format: .png or .jpg
- The image file size: Size it to the size you would like it to appear on your document
Master Style Template:
Selecting the Master Style Template the email signature is to be used, place the HowNow bookmark “HowNowSignatorySignature” in the position required, to do this:
- Type HowNowSignatorySignature in the position (for example below the signoff bookmark).
- Highlight and copy this wording, Insert Bookmark and Paste this wording into the Bookmark name field, Click Add and exit bookmark settings.
- Save the Master Style Template with changes