The documents page is home to all documents in the system relative to your firm. Employees who have access to the Portal, can view all documents in the system on a per client basis. Most of the day to day activities of uploading documents and receiving documents from the portal is managed via the connection between HowNow and the Portal, however there may be times when you need to manage the documents directly from the portal.
Navigating to the Clients tab, selecting the appropriate client and clicking View Documents will display the documents page, populated with all the documents for the selected client, as well as the filter structure.
There are a number of actions available from the Documents page -
- Filters - you can create a filter, rename a filter or delete a filter - this only changes the filter structure for the selected client. Note, only filters created for the selected client can be deleted, filters created at the firm level cannot be deleted from this menu - see Managing Firm Filters for more information on working with filters.
- Upload - upload documents for the selected clients - this is all done via HowNow. See Uploading Documents to the Portal for more information
- Download - download the selected document or multiple documents - see Download Documents from the Portal for more information on this function.
- Preview - enables preview of the selected document - there are restrictions on the type of documents that can be previewed - see Preview Documents for more information on this function.
- Tasks - allows you to add a signing task, remove a signing task or resend a notification - see Setting up Documents for Secure Sign for more information on this function.
- History - provides an audit trail of the selected document - see Document History and Deletion for more information on this function.
- Delete - allows documents to be deleted from the portal - see Document History and Deletion for more information on this function.
Document filters can narrow the number of documents shown - click on the appropriate filter to see only those documents for that filter.
Search can be used to locate documents based on title, date, user and description.
When clicked, the Link with the Arrow, beside outstanding signing tasks, will show the Accounts and Employees still to sign the document. Hovering over the a name will show the email address at the bottom left of the browser. Clicking on the name will open a new email populated with that Account's or Employee's email address.