From the Employees area under settings, you can manage the employees of the firm who will have access to the portal. The options available will be dependent on the current role of the employee.
Add an Employee
From the Employees area, you can add your employees to enable access to the portal. Select the Add button to create a new employee. Once you have added the employee, they will be sent an invitation to join the portal and will be able to add their own password.
Manage existing employees by selecting the employee and click on one of the buttons for the following options:
- Edit - allows changing any of the details about an employee (this is the same form as the "Add Employee" form)
- Inactivate - this makes the employee inactive in your portal - they will no longer be able to access the portal, but can be made active again at a future time
- Demote to Employee - if the employee is set as an administrator on the portal, they can be demoted to employee (there must be at least one administrator on the portal admin site)
- Promote to Admin - if the employee is a standard employee in the portal, they can be promoted to an admin
- Set or Remove as Default Recipient - a default recipient is set to receive ALL notifications about events on the portal - you may have one or many default recipient, but if there is no default recipient set, then each client requires a recipient for notifications, otherwise notifications will not be received by the firm
- Delete - allows an employee to be completely removed from the portal - ensure that if an employee is removed that a default recipient for emails exists
- Resend Invitation - this option allows you to send an new invitation where an employee has not already accepted
Create Adobe Sign Account - for firms using Adobe Sign, each employee needs to create an Adobe Sign account in order to be able to mark documents for signing - this can be done from this option or the employee will be asked to create the account the first time they select a document for signing