This area is accessed from File > System Tools > General
Updates to your HowNow software are published by Business Fitness on a regular basis.
The HowNow software automatically checks for updates once each day when the HowNow Software Updater logs into HowNow.
The following procedure describes how to manually check for a software update:
Note: We recommend taking a backup prior to completing any updates.
If you would like to only backup the HowNow Database, navigate to the database location, right-click the FDB file, click Copy, then right-click and paste. Once a copy is created, rename the file to today's date.
- If internet access is available, the Software Update Wizard dialog will appear with details of the revision status of your HowNow software.
- If no update is available, you will see a message that "Your HowNow Software is up-to-date". If an update is required, click the Update button. If an update is not required at this time, click the Close button.
- Clicking OK to proceed with the update will display the progress of the update.
- If a database update is required, you will be prompted with steps that need to be completed in order.
Please complete these steps when prompted, once complete, click OK. You will need to ensure that all users are out of HowNow before proceeding.
- On completion of the update, HowNow will automatically shut down so that the software update can be applied. Click on the Launch HowNow button.
If you require assistance with the update, please log a ticket and we will be in touch.