The purpose of Topics in HowNow is to group like documents together to aid searches in the Knowledge area. With one click on a Topic filter, every document relating to that Topic is displayed. Searches on keywords can then be done within that topic. Topics are particularly useful if you have a group of documents that you regularly send to clients.
A document can be assigned multiple Topics.
To modify or create Topics, first select File > Administration > Knowledge > Topics. The Topic Editor dialog appears.
- Click New or Edit, the Topic Details dialog appears.
- To create a sub-Topic, select the main Topic, select Sub-Level, and then click New.
- To rename a Topic you have created, select the Topic and click Edit.
- Enter the description for the topic.
- Hint (optional) - Enter a hint to be displayed whenever the cursor is positioned over this topic in the left filter panel.
- To change the sequence of the Topics, you can drag and drop the Topics. Click on a Topic and drag and drop it on to another Topic. If you have Same Level selected when you drop the Topic, it will be a Topic at the same level as the Topic you dropped it on. If you have Sub-Level selected when you drop the Topic, it will be a Sub-Topic of the Topic you dropped it on.
Click OK when done. The new or edited Topic(s) will appear in the left pane of the Knowledge screen.