Position Types are descriptions of the various positions in your organisation. Position Types can be used as headings as well and can display in different colours. This dialog allows position types to be created, edited or deleted. In addition, Default Related Documents (such as Position Descriptions and Primary and Secondary Procedures) can be attached to specific Position Types so that these documents are automatically attached to positions when those positions are created.
Note: If default documents are not attached to position types they can be attached at a later stage by using the Re-attach button on the Person/Position Editor dialog.
To display this dialog select File > Administration > Position Types.
- To create a new Position Type description, click New. Then enter a new name and click OK.
- To edit the description of an existing Position Type, select a Position Type in the Description column and click Edit. Then edit the name and click OK.
- To delete an existing Position Type, select a Position Type in the Description column and click Delete.
- To attach Default Related Documents (such as Position Descriptions and Primary and Secondary Procedures) to specific Position Types, select a Position Type in the Description column and click Add. Then see Add to Position Type.
Attaching Position Descriptions or Procedures to Position Types
Go to File > Administration > Position Types
- Select the Position Type to which you wish to add a position description or procedure.
- Select Add from the second window "Default Related Documents for Selected Position Type".
- Select Position Description, Primary Procedure or Secondary Procedure in the Entry Type drop-down.
- Click the browse ("open folder") button at the end of the Document field. The Item Select dialog will appear. (The item you wish to add needs to be included in HowNow Knowledge and be a current document)
- Click on the Procedures and/or Document Type filter in the left pane, and then type search terms (or you can bypass the filter and just type in the search terms) in the search field to locate the document you wish to attach to the Position Type.
- Scroll down the list of documents until you see the appropriate document. Click once on that document (to highlight the row) and click Select.
- Click OK to close the Add to Position Type dialog.