This option refreshes the copy of the contact data stored in the HowNow database.
This task can be performed in two ways.
- If the File > Options > Knowledge & Contacts > Refresh Every X Days option is set to a number greater than zero, HowNow will automatically prompt the Contact Data Updater employee when they open HowNow the first time each day. See Employee Details.
- Windows Scheduler. HowNow can be configured to automatically refresh the contact data at any time by creating a scheduled task (usually on the server).
This should be done in conjunction with the Business Fitness support team:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Tasks. The Scheduled Tasks Wizard will appear.
- Click Next.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the location of the HowNow software on the server.
- Choose HowNowContactDataRefresh.exe.
- Under Perform this Task, Choose the Daily option and click Next.
- Set a time to start and choose Weekdays. Click Next.
- Enter a user name and password and click Next.
In Contacts, click the Data Refresh icon on the ribbon or right-click and choose Refresh. The contact data will be refreshed immediately.
Note that only those contacts with the option Keep updated from External Database checked will be updated.