To edit a Record Profile right-click on a Record in the Search Results list and then select Profile. The Edit Record Profile Wizard appears.
Note: 'Final' and 'Archived' records cannot be edited.
The following areas can be edited.
- Title – the title of the Record.
- Description and Keywords. Use these fields to edit the record description and keywords.
- Partner, Manager, Reviewer, Preparer and Signatory – use these fields to set the applicable person for use as search and retrieval filters.
- Record Status – Use this field to change the record’s status.
Note: The list of available statuses is limited to the level specified in each person's profile.
Note: this field will be greyed out if the record is not editable.
- Deleted - indicates that the record has been deleted and is in the Recycle Bin.
- In Use By - Indicates who is currently using the record. Click the Clear button to clear the 'Record is in use by...' message if it is not actually in use.
- Checked Out - Indicates the person and date a record was checked out. This field will be cleared when a record is checked in via Import Records.
- Archived - Shows the date the record was archived. This field is not editable.
- Date Added - Shows the date the record was added to HowNow. This field is not editable.
File Size - Indicates size of the Record.
- If the Workflow module is installed, optionally select a job.
Note: Click the button at the end of the field or press Enter or type part of the job name to display the select dialog.
- If the Workflow module is not installed, in the Area field, choose the appropriate area to save the record. For example, choose a Contacts area to save to the Contacts section of the Records Database; choose a Team area to add records to the Employee’s section of the Records Database. Choose an Admin area to save to the Administration area of the Records database.
- If Contacts or Teams was chosen above, select a contact or employee from the drop-down list.
- Choose the destination of the record(s) from the Location field.
- Link Code - Use this field to link a record to other related records.
Visibility Tab (if this feature is switched on)
- This tab controls which members of which teams are allowed to see a record.
- Tick the checkbox alongside the team or teams that are required to see the record. Untick the checkbox alongside the team or team that are not allowed to see the record.
This tab displays a list of all the actions performed on a record such as created, opened, modified, etc. It is not editable.
- Area for notes relating to the record.
- The Print button allows the notes to be printed.
Note: use F3 to insert today's date and time into the text.
- Click OK to save your changes or Cancel to exit without saving.
- To Revert to an older version, or Delete a version right-click on the Record, Profile, and in the versions tab choose the version you wish to revert, delete or open.
- When a user reverts to a previous version, that current document becomes it's own version and the version being reverted to becomes the current document.
- Documents with the status of Final are not able to be reverted or deleted.
- By default any data record added to HowNow will have record versioning disabled.
- Any record that has record versioning disabled can be enabled by opening the profile of a record and ticking "version this record" on the Versions Tab.