HowNow contains two types of News Lists, one for each User and the All News list for the Administrator of HowNow.
A user's News Items can be viewed on the Home Page.
Any user can add items to other user's News Lists using the following procedure.
(Refer to Status Bar - News and Review Items for how users are notified of News Items.)
Add an Item to the News List
- In Knowledge, right-click an Item in the search results list and select Add to News List. The Add to News List dialog appears.
- Select the appropriate contacts using the radio buttons.
- If Selected Team Members, Reviewers or Partners is selected, then select the relevant people from the user list. Hold down CTRL to select more than one person.
- If By Team is selected, select the appropriate team from the drop-down to the right of the By Team option.
- Enter a message in the Message area.
- Click OK.
Reading an Item on a News List
To Read an Item on the News List just click on that item.
When a user closes a News Item that they opened from their Home Page, or their News List, they will be prompted to Remove the Item from the News List.
If the item is left on the News List it will be marked as Read.
Removing an Item from a News List (Administrator only)
To remove an item on a News List or mark it as Read, right-click on the item in the News List, and choose the desired action.